I am a Finnish-Canadian teacher and writer living in Sudbury, Ontario with my husband, Michael, and two children, Mia and Kieran.
Surviving Stutthof, published by Latitude 46, recounts my father’s experiences as a Finnish merchant marine imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp in Poland.
A Finnish immigrant family living in Northern Ontario during the Depression is the subject of my series of short stories inspired by my mother’s experiences growing up Finn in Wanup.
Most of my current writing time is spent uncovering the past of a young woman struggling to keep her family together during the Winter War. Besides writing my first novel, I’m playing around with a play.
Other tidbits …
- Member of Canadian Writers’ Union
- Member of Canadian Authors Association
- Secretary for Sudbury Writers’ Guild
- Member of local playwrights’ group
- Certificate of Creative Writing, University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies
- Master of Education, Nipissing University
- Bachelor of Education, University of Ottawa
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) English, University of Ottawa